Based in Stockholm, Sweden
22 January, 2020
Grand Mountain Adventure: Snowboard Premiere is a beautiful open-world skiing & snowboarding adventure for Android and iOS where you get to explore 8 huge mountains filled with 100+ challenges to discover and compete in. 15+ hours of gameplay in total!
The adventure starts at the parking lot of Hirschalm, a sleepy ski resort in the midst of the alps. Strap on your skis or snowboard and head down to the lift while picking up the basics of skiing like turning, breaking and jumping. Take the lift up to Almhütte and try out your first slalom challenge. Completing the challenge earns you Ski Passes. Collect enough of Ski Passes to unlock more lifts and discover new parts of the mountain. As you advance up the mountain it gets tougher, and apart from mastering perfect turns, you have to start practicing tricks, rails, and drops to complete the challenges. And always be on the lookout for shortcuts. Don’t forget to get off the slopes and head into the backcountry areas - it’s filled with hidden trials and secret Ski Passes you need to unlock the next mountains. But be careful, outside the piste, there are bears, wolves, avalanches, falling trees, and other hazards!
- Eight entire ski resorts to explore - Completely open mountains with runs in several directions, large backcountry areas, and functional lift systems to travel around.
- Vivid environments - Encounter busy runs filled with skiers, bears and wolves prowling around the forests, avalanches, rolling rocks and falling trees.
- Varied challenges - Improve your skills in technical challenges like Slalom, Super G, Slopestyle and Big Air or let loose your creativity by finding the best drop line, or the quickest path down the mountain. In total, there are 14 different challenge types.
- Non-linear gameplay - Ski wherever you want. Ride any lift you like. Progress in the mountains in any order. Try to improve your skills in challenges or just find your own way down the snow-swept mountains.
- Advanced tricks - Pull a backflip down a massive cliff or throw a Fs 720 Rodeo out from a sketchy tree rail. The tricks includes flips, spins, rails, grabs, and combos to allow for endless creativity.
- Controller Support - Connect your controller of choice to get the right console feeling.
- Online leaderboards - Compete with the world record scores by finding the perfect line and shortcuts in challenges.
Logo & Icon
Awards & Recognition
- "Selected in Best 20 games you probably never heard of" Kotaku and Gizomodo, 16 January, 2020
- "Selected 6th Best Android Game of 2019" Android Authority, 27 December, 2019
- "Featured as Coming Soon in App Store US for 40 days" Apple, 10 December, 2019
- "Selected to DeamHack Indie Playground Showcase" DreamHack Winter, Jönköping, 29 Nov, 2019
- "Selected 3rd Best Android Sport Game" Android Authority, 30 September, 2019
- "Indie Prize Finalist" Casual Connect Europe 2019, London, 28 May, 2019
- "Nominated in the 15th IMGA" GDC San Fransisco, 19 February, 2019
- "Selected Best Android Games of 2018" Android Police, 31 December, 2018
- "Top 3 in the Big Indie Awards 2018" G-Star, Busan, 20 October, 2018
- "... is already my favorite skiing game on Android, and once the snowboard update lands, I'm sure it will be my favorite snowboarding game as well."
- Matthew Sholtz, Android Police
- "It’s a majestic skiing sim with breathtaking visuals and physics to make a console game jealous."
- Ash Mayhew, Droid Gamers
- "First pictures of the best mobile skiing game ever?"
- Laurent, iPhon.fr (in French)
- "One of the most cozy games I've played. 9/10"
- Adam Holmberg, Game Reactor (in Swedish)
- "Skiing through beautiful mountain landscapes to the pace of our thumbs has never been so entertaining. 4/5"
- Fernando Coun, Irromples (in Spanish)
- "... Exploring two big mountains on a pair of skis with realistic physics is a tranquil experience indeed ..."
- Daniel Fuller, Android Headlines
- "For a skiing game for Android, the level of details is really almost stunningly high."
- Ivica Milaric, Awesome Android Games
- "What struck us first about Grand Mountain Adventure was how absolutely smooth the gameplay was while delivering incredibly detailed and beautiful visuals."
- Steve B, All Night Burger
- "Grand Mountain Adventure is a gorgeous skiing game made by real snowboarders featuring tons of unique environments."
- "Silvermoon", Guru Gamers
- "... presents a simple and fun game dynamic and is perfectly adapted to touch devices."
- Laura Sacristan, Xataka Android (in Spanish)
Request Press Copy
Please fill in your e-mail address below to complete a distribute() request and we'll get back to you as soon as a press copy is available for you.
Interview with 80th Level
A long interview about the development of Grand Mountain Adventure is available here https:.
Interview with Swedish Skiing magazine Freeride.se
The interview is available here (in Swedish) https:.
Interview with Download Astro
A shorter interview after being selected App Of The Day is available here https:.
Toppluva is a Swedish game studio run by three snowboarding brothers: Viktor, Sebastian and Alexander. Their first game is Grand Mountain Adventure, an open world skiing game for mobile. On January 22, they released the second chapter in the series Grand Mountain Adventure: Snowboard Premiere to iOS and Android.
More information on Toppluva, our logo & relevant media are available here.
Grand Mountain Adventure: Snowboard Premiere Credits
Lead Developer, Founder